Formed in 2018 by Stan Belinski (Head Coach), we have high aims for Trafford Handball Club.
Our passion is all about handball development and we aim to provide high quality coaching for our teams competing in the England Handball national leagues and international tournaments.
Our goal is to support the growth of the sport locally and create opportunities for playing, coaching and volunteering in handball.
- Build from grassroots up to make Trafford & Greater Manchester a recognised hub for handball development and performance in the UK.
- Provide players from age 10 to 18 with regular training, high level coaching and pathways to Regional, National and European level
- Develop international links with the wider handball community to support the development of players, coaches, officials and continue to grow the sport.
- Offer equal opportunities for all ages and abilities to access handball in the local community.
- An inclusive, welcoming atmosphere, aimed to encourage an active lifestyle in a friendly & social environment
- Develop a sustainable sporting activity which is supported and enriched by local workforce.
- Founded in May 2018
- 2018/19 first season of play – with 4 brand new teams (U14 girls/boys, U16 girls/boys)
- 74 active members
- July 2019 x players accepted into North West Regional Academy teams
- August 2019 International Handball summer camp to Poland
- September 2019 3 additional teams and x new members (U12, U19 Girls, Senior Women and Mamas Handball for Fitness)
- Coaching in over 40 schools in South Manchester
- Founded Secondary Handball School league (12 schools)
- Founded Primary School Handball Competitions (16 schools)
- December 2019 Emma and Eva qualified for GB ladies team
Pro-Active Club Status